Thursday, October 13, 2005

Jammin' with the Fam




We had a fun weekend with our 2 dads and "other mothers" over at Grandpa's. The folks bonded over their fondness for Gordon Lightfoot and Alison Crauss. (The three canine children are missing from the photos because they were out back playing, and they can't sing anyway, though I think Derby tries.) It was quite the hometown hoedown "hoot-n-nanny!" (Could someone please tell what a hoot-n-nanny is?) Poor Grandpa put up with lots of music and was a gracious host. Dad Russ tried to pull a fast one with Dad Mike's tuner, but he and Collie are too quick for that. Our gala event also featured a live mandolin and a live violin. I'm sure you wish you could all listen to this beautiful blend of melodic creations, but you'll just have to imagine since I can't figure out how to post movie files. (If anyone knows how, please tell me). The musical selections for the evening ranged from such classics as "Lord, it's Hard to Be Humble," and "The Streets of Laredo" to lighthearted, happy tunes like "Greenfields" and "Where Have All the Flowers Gone?" It was truly a Stillwell/Jackson family jam session at its finest.

3 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zowie, Alicia, how fun! You and Dad Russ have laid down the gauntlet - what a great way to share! I feel challenged, no, make that INSPIRED to do some blogging of my own!

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger acefullm said...

This was just a starter on some great family times to come...now that we know each other well enough to let it all hang out......
Oh, about the tuner.....you see I had just made those sticky pancakes at home before we came over.....and the tuner was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.

 
At 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anybody have any idea how to get corn syrup off a guitar tuner? I've run it through the washer (with the darks, of course) several times. But it still sticks to my socks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home