
Rachel, Mel and me together!!! When was the last time that happened? It was SO nice to spend time with Rach...she came down to celebrate her sister Becca's 30th birthday. So Mel got to join us for breakfast one day at Las Brisas and it was just like old times. We even sang the Star Spangled Banner together in 3-part harmony like we used to for our high school basketball games. It's hard to believe how old we are and how much time has gone by!

The former choir-singing, basketball-playing, mountain-climbing trio reunites at last. I really miss Rachel...it was so good to be together again. Even though we don't talk that often, it always feels like no time has passed.

Paul and I took Rachel and Becca Surfing and we put Rachel on the big banana. She did great...I think she got up 3 times! Although she has about as much upper body strength as I do, so the two of us only last for about 30-45 minutes on a 2-3 foot day at Dog Patch. I know...scary.
I'm thinking I should give this surfing thing another try. It can be really fun when you're arms aren't screaming in agony. I'm freshly inspired to build up strength and improve my surfing, so Paul's stoked.

Rachel and Becca at San-O
4 Comments:
OH MY GOSH I"M FAMOUS!
And i'm also glad i could be so inspirational.
(you're welcome paul)
i miss you friend already...if only i was independantly wealthy and could come down with some kiddos for the weekend once in a while.
hmm...
I wish you were independently wealthy, too. Then you could fly me up to Oregon to visit you all the time.
Ummmm....due to that first disturbing picture of me, I would like to declare to the average person who reads your blog that I DO NOT have a comb-over. Thank you for your time.
Oh man mel, you are hilarious.
I also thought that picture was curious, your comb-over, my bangs-which i do not really have, and most curious is how lish looks just fine. Funny being how she took the picture and all.
Post a Comment
<< Home