A Thesis-Writing Vacation
Yes, it is depressing. But true. Paul is gone on a mission trip to Myanmar and Thailand for nearly three weeks, so I decided to burn my vacation time and work on my thesis. I know it seems like a wise idea and a good use of time, but it is just depressing. I should be in Hawaii right now, or Italy. I know, I know...when I finish my thesis, THEN I can take a real vacation. But you know how it is...each paycheck you watch that vacation time slowly accrue and dream of where you will be when you use it.
So here I am at home, having not quite started work on my thesis, thinking about all the adventures Paul is having in remote villages and all the adventures Mel is having in Eastern Europe. I know I've had my share of adventures over the years, so I have nothing to complain about. It's just that this is the first time I've been the one home alone while everyone else is off globetrotting. The tables have turned, and now I need to somehow discipline myself so I don't squander this "vacation" on blogging and Facebook. Okay, so here I go...onto that thesis...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home